The different contracts of umbrella companies
ABC Portage ensures an efficient operation and the guarantee of high-quality projects finished on time, so there are no surprises. Under this system, a tripartite relationship in benefit of all involved parts takes place.
- First, the company gets in contact with us and presents the project. After receiving the task, we make sure of having a comprehensive understanding of the specific goals in a Questions & Answers step with the client.
- A second phase begins when the customer company selects the right consultant to handle the assignment. They negotiate conditions such as work rates and other fundamental terms of their contract in a freely manner for both. ABC Portage, as the intermediary figure, offers the logistics for this negotiation that finishes when this contract is signed.
- Signing of the Contractual Agreement between ABC Portage and the consultant is third stage. This document is the confirmation of our partnership and defines the terms of the relationship. An account manager will handle the procedures, providing assistance with unlimited technical support.
- A Project Contract is then signed by ABC Portage and the company, outlining the conditions of the project. The company transfers the contractual responsibility of the assignment, ABC Portage assumes the payment of the consultant’s salary. In this Work Order, the agreement of terms is established, including deadlines, the freelancer’s fee, the handling of expenses, revisions of advances, as well as conditions of termination or incapacity.
- The Project Contract is followed by the Employment Contract between ABC Portage and the consultant in order to secure the consultant’s job status. It addresses the legal obligations in accordance to work legislation. For instance, it is stated that ABC Portage is held responsible before French legal tax and administrative authorities. Also, it outlines the benefits of the social coverage in France. This document also specifies the duration of contract, if it is a full-time or part-time agreement, the tailored solutions for the client’s needs, among other details.
- Last but no least, ABC Portage fulfills the payment of the consultant’s salary, according to the initial agreement between he/she and the business customer. This salary is the result of the deduction of social charges like taxes and national insurance, plus the fee for our services, from the total amount provided by the client.
If you are thinking there are a lot of signing in this process, you are right, and that’s on purpose. As a leading portage we take very seriously the work that lies in our hands. We are able to respond for any difficulty and we make sure you don’t take risks.
These steps, with all their formalities and legal conditions, are a guarantee for both consultants and companies that we operate in a fully committed way with effectiveness and transparency. We not only follow legal procedures but guarantee your peace of mind regarding the accomplishment of regulations so you don’t have to worry about annoying administrative work.
An umbrella company is certainly the best way to ensure an efficient freelancer-company relationship, free of any uncertainty. We act as a wall against bad practices, as an insurance against non-compliance. We are the solution you were looking for.