Freelancer’s status in France
What’s a freelancer?
Basically, freelancing is the professional activity carried out by a person who offers some type of service to different clients at the same time without an exclusive obligation with any of them. The freelancer, an expert in his/her field, works on project basis and can fulfill the task from home on a full-time or part-time schedule, therefore being able to feel comfortable and free while producing earning.
Businesses often need the services of freelancers to provide specific solutions sporadically or at a certain periodicity, resulting in a suitable method that avoids the hiring of employees for projects that are not permanent. And also for those continuous and long-term tasks it sometimes results more efficient to work with an external collaborator than to open a job position, which would mean a lot of internal expenses for the company such as healthcare, retirement, paid sick leave and others.
There are many advantages for both freelancers and the companies who hire them, and this may be the reason why freelancing is a global growing trend. In France, freelancers represent an important growing segment, up 11.5% each year.
The classical definition of a freelancer as a self-employer is accurate in many parts of the world. But, as if the system isn’t good enough, there is even an improvement in those regions where umbrella companies operate. A French umbrella company is an innovative concept that comprises the best qualities of traditional employment and freelancing.
How is this possible? Well, the umbrella company acts as an intermediate between the consultant and the company, helping both to find each other and taking care of their paperwork.
While the independent consultant will have the benefits of an employee and the freedom of a freelancer, the business customer will save time and effort by taking care of all the administrative issues.
- Pros for companies
- Finding top experts in any field
- Saving expenses for work space, healthcare and other employee benefits
- Having the right amount of manpower
- Umbrella company handles the administrative issues
- Legal guarantee of a transparent process
- Great results at first attempt in a timely manner
- Avoiding extensive and costly training processes
- Freedom to shift between different specialists for each project
- External collaboration can add a new vision
- Quick and easy process with ABC Portage
- Support from an account manager
- Cons for companies
- Employees know better the organization and feel committed to the company
- Finding just the right person can be hard
If you worry about finding an expert of an unusual field, you will soon find out the many specialists we have in a wide range of sectors. The numbers speak for us: each year, around 750 companies from different sectors in France and from around the world use the services of our consultants. Furthermore, we currently have 10 000 consultants of high level of expertise.
Consultants of ABC Portage are specialized in many fields, among them:
- Human Resources
- Project management
- Sales representative