Freelancer’s status in France
What’s a freelancer?
Basically, freelancing is the professional activity carried out by a person who offers some type of service to different clients at the same time, without any exclusive commitment with them. The freelancer, an expert in their field, works on a project basis and may fulfil the task from home on a full-time or part-time schedule, thus being able to feel comfortable and free while producing earnings.
Businesses often need the services from freelancers to provide occasional specific solutions, or with a certain frequency, resulting in a suitable method that avoids hiring employees for projects that are not permanent. And also, for those continuous and long-term tasks, it sometimes turns out more efficient to work with an external partner than to open a job position, which would imply much internal expenses for the company – such as healthcare, retirement, paid sick leave and others.
There are many advantages for both freelancers and the companies who hire them, and this may be the reason why freelancing is a globally growing trend. In France, freelancers represent a significant growing segment, with up to 11.5% each year.
The classical definition of a freelancer as a self-employer is accurate in many parts of the world. But, as if the system was not good enough, improvements are seen in those regions where umbrella companies operate. A French umbrella company is an innovative concept that builds on the best qualities of traditional employment and freelancing.
How is this possible? Well, the umbrella company acts as an intermediary between the consultant and the company, helping both to find each other and taking care of their paperwork.
While the independent consultant will have the benefits of an employee and the freedom of a freelancer, the business customer will save time and effort by not having to take care of all the administrative issues.
- Pros for companies
- Finding top experts in any field
- Saving expenses for work space, healthcare and other employee benefits
- Having the right amount of manpower
- Umbrella company handles the administrative issues
- Legal guarantee of a transparent process
- Great results at first attempt in a timely manner
- Avoiding extensive and costly training processes
- Freedom to shift between different specialists for each project
- External collaboration can add a new vision
- Quick and easy process with ABC Portage
- Support from an account manager
- Cons for companies
- Employees know better the organization and feel committed to the company
- Finding just the right person can be hard
Should you worry about finding an expert in an unusual field, soon you will discover how many specialists we have in a wide range of sectors. The numbers speak for us: Each year, around 750 companies from different industries in France and around the world use our consultants’ services. Furthermore, we currently have 10,000 consultants with high level of expertise.
ABC Portage’s consultants are specialized in many fields, including:
- Human Resources
- Project management
- Sales representative